Saturday, November 30, 2013

Chapter 31

Rule #10:

Have Fun and Enjoy the Ride

Through the character Eddy, we learn this motto: The goal in life is to live young, have fun, and arrive at your final destination as late as possible, with a smile on your face.

A friend of mine uses the phrase "It's simple, but not easy." I think much of the message of this book, and especially Eddy's motto, matches that saying. What a simple concept it is to be happy, grateful, and full of joy. But it can be oh-so-difficult at times to live that way. I will say that I personally have made a shift in my view on life's inconveniences. But often times it is after I have already had a minor blow-up or melt down that I remember "that shouldn't bother me so much". For me the true victory will come when the blow-ups and meltdowns disappear, and a calmer and wiser persona rules my actions.

Are any of you finding that you, too, are viewing life a little differently as you have read this book?


1 comment:

  1. I do find myself looking at things in a more positive manner since I read the book. When something happens, I ask myself, what will I learn from this experience instead of being quick to react in a negative way. I also hope to respond differently to the energy vampires in the future. I would like to believe that I am a better person today than I was yesterday and hope to keep it going. I enjoyed the book!

    ReplyDelete